Sunday 19 December 2010

Inspiration on a cold winter night

Well, I'm back in my native county, Canada and what a beautiful sight!  Feels like the holidays, unfortunately I will be working mostly over the holiday's so while I do that, I feel I should post some things on my newly developed blog!  I found out about this artist from another blog and was mesmerised, enjoy, the writing at the end of this post is by him and incredibly touching. enjoy x

















‘For me it is the idea of the word that produces all images. It is the key sign for all forms of moulding and organizing. When I speak using a theoretical language, I try to induce the impulses of this power, the power of the whole understanding of language which for me is the spiritual understanding of evolution.’
But language is not to be understood simply in terms of speech and words. That is our current drastically reduced understanding of language, a parallel to the reduced understanding of politics and economics. Beyond language as a verbalization lies a world of sound and impulses, a language of primary sound, without semantic content, but laden with completely different levels of information.
Every form of life speaks a language, untapped and unheard.
___
Joseph Beuys : Coyote
Caroline Tisdall
Schirmer/Mosel
1976

No comments:

Post a Comment