Saturday 28 May 2011

Hip Hop

Trying to keep myself inspired in all areas of the arts, a week or so ago some friends including myself went to a small hip hop exhibtion.  I love black and white documentary portraiture along with essence of hip hop.
Here is a little bit of info:

Shot over a twelve year period, the pieces shown here demonstrate Mike Schreiber’s ability to capture the hip hop world’s private moments, spotlighting them in their most honest and immediate environment. Having studied Anthropology at the University of Connecticut, Schreiber utilizes a critical approach to photography that distinguishes his understanding of photography from those of his contemporaries.

I'm not sure if the exhibition is still on, but if it is I recommend it.  You can check out the website as well at
http://18hewettstreet.co.uk/









No comments:

Post a Comment